Albany Pride aims to promote the health and wellbeing of LGBTIQA+ people in Albany and surrounds, providing a safe place that values and celebrates our identity.
To create a uniquely inclusive community in Albany and surrounds, based on mutual respect and lifelong support. Our LGBTQIA+ community will be valued and respected, and feed safe to be their true selves.
Our work will be guided and informed by our beliefs and commitment to:
Our organisation’s key pillars are communication, support, social action, and endurance.
To ensure our members, stakeholders and community are:
– Informed on what we do, and why we do it;
– Aware of the issues facing our community, and how we advocate on their behalf;
– Able to communicate with Albany Pride, to guide us in what we do, and to ensure our meeting our mission and vision.
Ensuring our community is supported, and feels supported:
– By running our outreach groups throughout the year, to provide social support and networking;
– Being able to support vulnerable demographics within our community, and to work with other organisations to ensure best practice, and an inclusive, intersectional approach;
– Encouraging and promoting community and culture in the region, and promote an inclusive environment to encourage participation;
– Working with other relevant stakeholders for effective and informed delivery of information surrounding LGBTIQA+ health and wellbeing;
– Securing support for our organisation and the work it does.
– Developing and delivering education packages that ensure our community is understood, valued and supported in workplaces, institutions, organisations and community groups;
– Promoting and encouraging the visibility of our community within society, and to promote the recognition of the positive contribution our community makes to the greater society;
– Promoting LGBTIQA+ history and culture, so that LGBTIQA+ people can feel proud about their sexuality, gender identity and/or intersex status;
– Promoting participation in our events, festivals and organisational activities so that members of our community feel valued and appreciated;
– Creating meaningful change for our community, so that the future holds less barriers than in their present when it comes to their health and wellbeing;
– Providing a voice on matters relating to our community, to ensure an accurate representation of, and response to, these issues;
– Ensuring our organisation is sustainable and able to continue into the future;
– Providing opportunities for professional development for members of the Committee of Management (COM);
– Ensuring good governance and management of the organisation;
– Ensuring strong succession planning for COM positions;
– Securing ongoing funding and long-term financial management.